Awards & Scholarships
Employee Service Awards
The South Dakota Hotel & Lodging Association honors 2 hotel employees each year with Employee Service Awards. They are presented to those who best represent the lodging industry through their outstanding performance - above and beyond normal job duties and consistently provide exceptional customer service. Awards are presented in January each year for two categories, large property (50 or more rooms) and small property (49 or fewer rooms).
2017 Employee Service Awards recipients (presented in January, 2018)
Past Employee Service Award Winners.
Don Manning / South Dakota Hotel & Lodging Association Annual College Scholarships
- Carol Halverson - Super 8, Milbank
- Susan Beesley - Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn, Custer
- Catherine Olaciregui - The Lodge at Deadwood
- Danelle Doop - Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Brandon
- Ashley Brumm - Rushmore Shadows Resort, Rapid City
- Colliene McNaboe - Country Inn & Suites, Watertown
- Tim Sweetman - Ramkota Hotel, Pierre
- Chris Eite - Best Western Ramkota Hotel, Rapid City
SDHLA presents two scholarships each year to students with a hospitality-related major. One is presented to a student at South Dakota State University and the other to a student at Black Hills State University. The recipients are juniors or seniors from South Dakota with a 3.2 or better GPA. The scholarships are in honor of long-time SDHLA Board member and leader in the hotel industry, Don Manning. Students who would like to apply should contact their adviser.